Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Going green!!


In an effort to improve my health and live long enough to meet my grandkids, I have made some dietary changes. My favorite change has been the daily consumption of at least one bottle (but sometimes two) of Odwalla Superfood (the green one). I am using it (along with water) to replace all the Mountain Dew that I normally drink. It is a combination of five different fruit juices and ten other healthy foods, including spirulina. Spirulina is a blue-green algae that has been shown in some studies to reduce blood pressure and total cholesterol, while increasing HDL cholesterol. It also is known to have high levels of antioxidants. Other than that, it just tastes good. Not much to look at though, and it's kind of thick. Keep that in mind if you are thinking of giving it a try. You are going to get many healthy living tips here, but I enjoy this so much that I had to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment